Thursday, May 3, 2012

What a dog!

Man, the running dogwalk was frustrating for a while, but now I feel like we've got it!  Still, I want to be cautious not to get too excited--I'm sure we'll take a step backwards somewhere along the way.

Today I put the dogwalk up to what used to be its full height.  I measured it, and it's just under 40".  I was worried, because this is a good bit higher than the last time we were running, and that was a few days ago thanks to the rain.  So, I started Jonah just on top of the down ramp, from a stop.  He lept.  Ugh.  I tried moving him back a couple feet so he'd have one running stride.  Jackpot.  Then I thought, what the heck, and I let him run the whole thing.  Jackpot.  And again.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.  Jackpot.

Eight in a row, and then I called it quits.  What an awesome boy.  I'm so stinking proud of him.  I hope we can hold onto this kind of performance, because it's amazing!  I can't wait until I try it somewhere away from home.  It's going to turn some heads, for sure.

Also, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my supports.  I'd like to figure out a way to raise it so it's at least 45", but I haven't figured out just what I'm going to do yet.  For now, though, this is pretty good.  Yay Jonah!

No comments:

Post a Comment