Friday, May 4, 2012

And Another!

We did our second running session at our lunch break today, and once again Jonah was 100%.

However, I also determined that I want to really secure this performance before I go on much farther.

I tried putting up a jump after the A-frame and tried to send him to that instead of throwing the ball.  Well, he couldn't see the jump well and didn't know to look for it.  I know I could change that, but there isn't a lot of space for the jump anyway.  I think next time I try adding an obstacle I'll bring out the tunnel, which is hard to miss!

I also tried having him do the A-frame to the DW and the DW to the A-frame.  He was successful, but looked a little more hesitant and unsure.  I really am going to have to train a 'go on' command or something because, for the first time in our agility career, I reliably know I won't be able to keep up with him if he's full speed (which he has been).  It's awesome that he's running so fast, but I can't rely on my speed now, and I need to work on turning commands and some sort of 'straight ahead' training.  As I said, my yard isn't very conducive to a lot of this training, so I'm going to have to depend on working at DogStar and ARFF.  For now, though, we can just keep going like we have been so he gets it really cemented.  Most of all, I don't want him to lose his new found understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment