Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Project High Reward is a Go.

I will set up a whole new course each week, but in between that I'd like to do a bunch of short sequences.  Here's one I set up today.  My trial of the Course Designer software ran out, and I decided that I like it so much I have to buy it.  The result:  you can see the map (it's so easy--I love it)!

Jonah never made a mistake on this line, but he was not full speed the first time through.  The semi-threadle from 2 to 3 is not super motivating.  I handled it:
1.  With Jonah on my left the whole way.
2.  FC between 2 and 3, RC 3, 4 and 5.
3.  Combinations of the above.

Jonah ran best if I just kept him on my left and ran hard.  He gets enthusiasm off my movement, so waiting behind him for the RCs slows him down.  Also, he's low momentum when he begins the line with the stopped DW contact, so I have to try to generate speed out of nothing.

I thought this was a good, quick exercise that had a bit of challenge to it but wasn't frustrating.  Jonah got lots of cookies.  He's weaving super fast and his obstacle performance has been excellent both today and yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment