Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Checking In

We're not dead!  Sorry I've been slow in posting of late.  We were all away on vacation last week, so we don't have much agility news.  It was a great week, though, and Jonah got to go on lots of walks, hikes, swims and some camping, too.  Then, it's been raining nonstop ever since we got back.  I walked back to the agility area and picked up a branch that had fallen, only to grab right onto a slug.  The branch was covered!  Anyway, I'll try to get a course together and run it as soon as I feel it's safe.  When it's wet, Jonah has been known to slip off the dogwalk, which is not something I want him to have many memories of.

I did try to take Jonah to a run-thru at a new facility last weekend, but I didn't write down full directions--only the address.  I plugged it into the GPS but it took me to a dead end road where there was clearly no dog facility.  Oh well.  We went to a dog park instead and Jonah was great with the few other dogs that were there despite the rain.

I had a moment's panic when I realized I hadn't moved Jonah up for this weekend.  I checked the final move-up date on the premium and it had past!  It would have been too bad if we couldn't get credit for two of our three runs at the trial.  When I looked closer, though, the final move-up date (3 weeks before the trial) was earlier than the regular closing date (a week and a half before the trial).  That seemed odd to me, so I went ahead and emailed to see if I could move Jonah up.  The secretary sent me a lovely reply and moved him up!  I was glad I'd done it, because I was worried she would be upset for a request that didn't comply with the premium.  Phew.  I'll send a trial preview once I get the schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment