Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Week 1 Course

I set up a full course in the agility area today and it was great!  Actually, we had some real challenges with parts of it, but Jonah's enthusiasm was super high and he stayed excited even when we made mistakes.  It was great!

Here's the course:


Some trouble areas:
1.  Coming out of the chute, Jonah was a little discombobulated and missed the teeter once.  After he knew where he was going that was no longer a problem.

2.  Weave entry at 5.  I tried handling the whole way on my right, but then the 10 jump was a tempting off course and Jonah entered at the 2nd pole rather than the first.  If I handled like that and more sent out to the tire, he got the entrance, but he was weaving fast enough that I didn't have time for a cross after the poles, and handling the line of 6-7-8 with him on the right was not ideal (I did that once and he missed the discrimination).  The best option for us was for me to send to the tire at 4 and then RC the entry to the poles.  Then 6-7-8 ran beautifully.

3.  The last time through the course I was taking yesterday's sequence (8-13) for granted, and I didn't support 12, so he ran right past it.

4.  Jonah got the discrimination at 14 the first time, but the second time he took the dogwalk.  If I led out from the table so I was between the two and called him over my right shoulder, we had no trouble.

In general, Jonah was running super.  We never actually got through the course perfectly (always a different trouble spot), so I may get the tunnel and chute out again on Friday and see if we can do it without error.  That said, I was very, very pleased with Jonah's running.  He was as keen as ever.  He even had me breathing hard at the end of it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment