Thursday, August 4, 2011

(Incomplete) Trial Preview

Well, I haven't received any emails from this weekend's trial since I got the confirmation of our level changes 3 weeks ago.  Slightly disconcerting, but I'm not going to stress too much about it.  We know what time things start, at least.  As a result, though, this trial preview will be a little light.

Round 1:  Jackpot Level 3
     This seems familiar.  The last time we competed at Muddy Paws in Vermont we started the day with Jackpot.  That time we didn't bring home the Q.  Hopefully this time we can get it done.  Not having seen the schedule, I don't know if it's traditional or not, and I haven't had this judge before so I don't know what we're likely to see.  We haven't been doing much distance work lately, but I have my fingers crossed that we'll be able to do enough to get our first Level 3 Jackpot Q...in 3 tries.  It's not a good record for us!

Round 2:  Standard Level 3
     Nothing unusual here.  I don't have any specific concerns, so we'll just have to wait and see what unexpected challenges pop up.  I hope Jonah remembers how to weave.  Luckily there won't be a pause table in this one.  Plus, if there is a pause table this weekend it will be at a nice low height that Jonah understands (Grace says she does have tall legs for her table so we can practice the 24" table before our next USDAA).

Round 3:  Fullhouse Level 3
     I'm excited for Fullhouse.  We haven't done it since the first week in April, and it's nice and easy.  If we get this Q, we'll be done with Fullhouse Level 3 and we could have our Level 4 debut in Fullhouse at our next trial.

Round 4:  Jumpers Level 3
     Jumpers is usually a good class for us, and it's been even longer--the last time we did a Jumpers course was March 12!  I'm hoping we can run a nice fast, clean course and get our last Level 3 Q, which would also finish our CL3-F title.

Hopefully we'll have a nice fun day.  It's supposed to be nice weather, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment