Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Planning

I just want to say that it is hard to plan ahead when you don't know if you will get into a trial or not.  Last week AKC people were complaining about that at class, but now I'm starting to feel the same way about CPE.  For the third time in five tries, I didn't get into a CPE trial.  Humph.  I mean, it's certainly not the end of the world, but the trial is only three weeks away, and so there's not a lot of time to come up with alternatives.  If I'd known, I would have signed up for the USDAA trial in two weeks, which was still taking entries as of Sunday.  Now I'll sign up for a USDAA trial in four weeks, but that will mean three trial weekends in a row for me, which I don't really like to do.  I'm lucky that I'm able to sign up for the one in four weeks--the entry time has already past for the trials in five and six weeks.  Logistics are complicated.  I had decided that I wanted to focus on CPE for the spring, but now it looks like I'll be doing more USDAA.  I like USDAA, so that's not really a problem, but it's definitely a change of plans.  It also makes me a little bit nervous about having taken down the A-frame, since I won't be able to give him repetitions at 5'11.  Oh well, such is life.

If I were running trials (which I'm very glad I'm not!  It's so complicated!), I would want to see online entry that would be able to process entries more quickly so that people would know within a couple days whether or not they had been accepted for the trial.  It would help a lot.  Maybe some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment