Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Riverside Trial Preview

It's been quite a while since we trialed at Riverside, and we're ready to go back!  It can be a little hectic getting in and out of the ring, but at least I don't have a lot of the new trial nerves I had the first couple times we were there.  Also, it shouldn't be bitterly cold and there shouldn't be too much ice or snow around.

The judge is John Raymond, who I like a lot as a judge.  We had a great trial under him last time at Muddy Paws, and hopefully this will be another good one.

Here's what we have to look forward to:

Round 1:  Jackpot Level 4
     The exciting news is...we get to do a non-traditional Jackpot for our Level 4 debut!  The original confirmation letter had said levels 1 and 2 were running separately from 345C, but the final order of go has them all together, so that's good news!  I've never had a non-traditional with this judge before, but his traditionals aren't usually too bad, so this should be doable.  My goal is just to not get too over-ambitious, as screwing up time management in Jackpot can be deadly.  Last time we only made it by .03 seconds, and I'd like to have a little more room for error this time.  Jonah is one of four dogs in the class.

Round 2:  Wildcard Level 3
    This is our only Level 3 run of the weekend, so I'd really like to get it.  I think Wildcards are usually pretty doable, but I'll have to be careful and think through what he's likely to 'bid' for while I'm walking the course.  We don't seem to get too many shots at Wildcard, so we need to make them count.   I won't be taking handling risks to try to shave off a fraction of a second.  This would be our last level 3 wildcard, meaning we'd just need 2 more colors runs to get the level 3 title.  There's only one other dog in our height and level, but it's run by a professional.

Round 3:  Snooker Level 5
     This is our level 5 debut with snooker--only our second level 5 run overall.  Snooker was our first level 4 run this summer, and we're still ahead in it.  If 51 points is possible, I might like to make a go for it.  I definitely will want to do a relatively high point total.  Riverside is pretty small, so it's easy to get around the ring in a quick amount of time.  Jonah is one of three dogs in the class.

Round 4:  Jumpers Level 4
     If we get this Q we'll finish our first level 4 title, which I have to admit sounds pretty cool.  I like Jumpers courses a lot and I think we're usually pretty good at them.  We'll have to see how things go, but I'm looking forward to a fast run at the end of the day.  Jonah is one of three dogs in the class.

It should be a lot of fun.  We'll let you know how things go.  First, though, we get to go to class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment