Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Belated Christmas

Ah, it's good to be together as a family.

Dave and I got back last night from spending a few days with my mom's family.  We had a great time, ate a lot of truly delicious food, and got to have quality time with my grandmother, my cousins, my aunts and uncles and my parents.  It was lots of fun.

That doesn't mean, though, that we weren't excited to come home and get Jonah!  He stayed with Romeo and it sounds like they had a great time.  When we got there to pick him up he was so happy to see us and the room was alive with wagging and leaping and spinning and sneezing (Jonah does that when he's excited).  It was quite the picture.  Once we got home Jonah had to do a thorough run-through of his yard to make sure everything was in order.  Romeo is a small, low energy dog, so I don't know how much running Jonah did while he was there.  He certainly did enough for a few days last night!  It was great to have him snuggled up on the sofa with us and then it was a treat to drift off to sleep with a warm dog curled up at my feet.  It's a good life.

The one negative report we got was that Jonah was barky at cars and bikes when they took him for walks.  We're going to have to work more on that.  It's not a safe habit.

So, this week we'll be back here and hopefully we can have some good agility and socialization time.  DogStar is closed so we don't have class, but we'll have to improvise.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment