Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trial Preview

Tomorrow Jonah and I get to trial in a new state:  Maine.  It looks to be a nice facility, but we're going to have to wake up really early to get there.  I also have some stress because our car is in the shop and the crate is in it.  We used to drive with Jonah loose in the car but now I like the safety of the crate.  I think I might borrow Molly's crate, but it's really too small for him and I know he won't be happy about it.  Oh well, once we're there all things will be better.  It's going to be a fun day!  The judge is the judge who did our very first trial and it will be nice to have her again.

Round 1:  Jumpers Level 4
     This will be our attempt at our third Level 4 jumpers Q.  I couldn't ask for a better class to start the day.  I love jumpers courses!  Fast and fun.  It won't even be too competitive--there's only one other dog in the class.  Also, if you remember from our November goals, it's the Q I care the least about at this trial.

Round 2:  Snooker Level 4
     If we get this Q we'll be done with Snooker Level 4.  Of course, it's always easy to screw up a snooker run, but hopefully we can get the job done.  Jonah will be one of four dogs in the class.  This is the Q I care second-least about, since we're pretty far ahead on it.  Yet, the ability to screw Snookers up means that it's probably good to be a little bit ahead.

Round 3:  Colors Level 3
     Well, this is our first try at colors level 3, and in fact only our fourth time ever doing colors.  I don't know why trials don't usually have colors on Saturday.  Anyway, I don't think the courses are usually very hard but it would be great if we could get this Q since it's where we're most behind.  There are 2 other dogs in the class.

Round 4:  Jackpot Level 3
     If we manage to get this Q, we'll be done with Jackpot Level 3, and showing good progress away from our 'issues' with it earlier on this season.  We've been doing distance work lately, so hopefully it will pay off.  To make things even better, it's a nontraditional jackpot, so if the level 1 dogs can do it, we can do it!  When I did Jackpot with this judge before she had three possible gambles out and you could do as many as you wanted.  That might be my favorite kind of Jackpot, so we'll see if she does the same thing tomorrow.  This will be a bigger class for CPE; Jonah will be one of 5 dogs.

Round 5:  Standard Level 3
     I have my fingers crossed for this one.  Jonah is the only dog in the class, so he has a good chance of winning, but what I really want is a Q.  This would finish our level 3 standard title and it's especially important because a lot of our trials this winter will be at Riverside and they don't offer standard there.  So, we'll have chances to get ahead on games but Standard will lag.  Plus, you need twice as many standards as other things.  For example, to get a CATCH we'll need 19 standard Qs, but only four more fullhouse Qs.  Hopefully we can get the count down to 18 after tomorrow!

I can't wait.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment