Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Gamble a Day

I want to improve our distance work, so today I set up a gamble and we got some good practice.  I'd like to keep setting things up a few times a week.

Here's what I did today, from http://www.agilitycoursemaps.com/CourseMap.aspx/Details/180:
Enlarged view of image

I only set up the gamble, not the whole course.  Jonah did well.  The first time he didn't drive out to 2, but the next time I pushed a little harder and he cruised right out.  Jumps 2 and 3 were about 15 feet away from me.  Jonah didn't seem to be any better or worse in one direction, which I guess is good.  I was also pleased that he was running fast through the pinwheel.  Usually they slow him down a lot.

Also, since Jonah's been a little stickier on the teeter lately I put our teeter down a little bit and just had him run across it full speed a few times.  He seemed much more confident, so I may keep it down for a little while and slowly move it back up, trying to maintain confidence and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment