Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bo-Gee Trial Preview

We have a busy Saturday ahead.  It's going to be a long day, but hopefully a fun one, too.  The weather is supposed to be quite pleasant, at least.

I was excited that I was not in the first class in either ring so I thought I could sleep in, but I'm scheduled to work, so no rest for the weary!  They only signed me up to work one class, so at least I'll be done after that and (maybe) can get some good reading done between rounds.  Here's Jonah's schedule:


Round 1:  Wildcard Level 3
     It's been a while since we've played Wildcard, but it's not a class that especially worries me.  With five feet between the discriminations, it shouldn't be too much trouble to keep him on course.  So, hopefully a Q shouldn't be too difficult, but a ribbon might be...there are 8 dogs in the class!  If we do get the Q, we'll be done with level 3 for Wildcard.

Round 2:  Snooker Level 4
     This will be our one class in the upper level ring, and we may end up having conflicts between the first three rounds, which will be very close together.  Anyway, we'll have to see the course before we make a plan as to whether we'll go for big points or keep it safe.  If we get the Q it will be the first class we'll finish in level 4, and next time we'd move on to level 5!  There are 24 dogs in the class, split between levels 4, 5 and C.

Round 3:  Standard Level 3
     I love Standard runs, and I don't have too much worry, although it's possible he could blow an A-frame or have any other kind of unusual mistake.  This will be our fifth of six level 3 standard Qs if we get it.  There are 11 dogs in the class, split between levels 2 and 3.  Running with level 2 means we can't be faulted for weave performance, but that's never been an issue for us, so it might actually be a competitive disadvantage for us.  Not a big deal either way.

Round 4:  Fullhouse Level 4
     Fullhouse is always fun and low pressure.  We're right after a whole slew of great dogs this time (the trial secretary, two other judges, 2 BCs, etc), but hopefully we can just stick to our own plan and do our own thing.  They're all in levels 5 or C, so we're not actually competing against them :).  There are 28 dogs jumping 20", but they're split between all the levels.  If we get this Q we'll be done with Fullhouse level 4!

Round 5:  Jackpot Level 3
     We've never done five rounds in a day before, but we need the Jackpot so I went ahead and entered.  Luckily it's a Jackpot for levels 1, 2 and 3 together, so hopefully it will be pretty basic.  There are 12 dogs in the class between the 3 levels.  I'm just going to try to keep his energy up and make a good plan.

As I said, it will be a long day, but I think it will be a good one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment