Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Fun

Well, I ended up having more work than I would have wanted today, so we didn't go up to Riverside for a lesson.  All was not lost, though.  It was 50 degrees today!!  There's still some snow in the yard where I've shoveled, but it was soft enought that we could play around on it a little bit.  So I pulled out the weave poles (just 6), tunnel and table and we just played with mini-sequences with those three things.  Jonah's weaves were faster than they've been in quite some time.  I had the tunnel straight to encourage him to go fast and he was cruising through it.  He was also driving out ahead of me to the table nicely.

I had the weaves and the straight tunnel parallel to each other, and he was happily driving away from me into the tunnel and finding the off-side entry to the weaves to come back to me all while I stayed behind both obstacles.  I thought that was pretty great.  For some reason he had more trouble doing it backwards:  he'd drive through the weaves headed away from me without any trouble but then he wasn't as good at finding the tunnel entrance.  Oh well.  We could have kept working on it but he was losing the edge of his motivation so I wanted to stop while we were ahead.

In other news, I ordered two more pictures of Jonah, one from each of our last trials.  They say I should allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, and it will be hard to wait.  I know they like to crop the pictures, but I just bought the digital files and I'd be happy to crop it myself if it meant I could have them sooner.  Anyway, I'll post them to the blog as soon as I get them.

I'm also still waiting for the collar I ordered in January.  I hope everything is alright with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment