Thursday, February 3, 2011

All Dogs Gym Trial Preview

Next weekend we're headed back to All Dogs for our third trial.  We're taking a different strategy this time:  I only entered on Saturday, but I entered all four classes.  It will be a long day, but then Sunday will feel like a Sabbath in comparison.

We're also going to have stiff competition.  Luckily at this point I really am feeling less interested in placement ribbons and I care more about qualifying scores.  Here's a look at what's to come:

Round 1:  Jumpers Level 2
     We had such a great run in Jumpers this past weekend I'm just hoping we can live up to that again.  It's a nice way to start the weekend because we'll run a shared course with level 1, meaning it should be pretty straight forward.  If he gets a Q this run, he'd have both the level 2 jumpers legs he needs, so the next time would be level 3 and we'd run with 4/5/C...eek!  Before we get ahead of ourselves, though, there are four 20" dogs in level two.  One is an Enthusiast, though, and I think they get pinned separately.  Anyway, we should get a ribbon if we qualify.

Round 2:  Snooker Level 2
     We've had one successful Snooker run, but I still think it's the most stressful game because there's just not any room for error.  This is another class where levels 1 and 2 share the same course, but practically that pretty much just means we won't have weaves or a teeter.  It should still present challenges.  Anyway, hopefully the reds will be set up generously.  Jonah is one of three Level 2, 20" dogs.

Round 3:  Fullhouse Level 2
     Fullhouse is lots of fun, not a lot of pressure.  So long as I can keep him off the table, which isn't usually a problem, we just have to collect points.  The only issue is that there are six dogs in the class!  That's the biggest class we've been in.  Anyway, we'll see if we can make a good, high point plan, but the stress is on the Q.  This would be our last level 2 Fullhouse leg.

Round 4:  Standard Level 2
     This will be our first shot at level 2 standard, but I think it should go well.  We'll have weaves and a teeter, but he does those well so I'm not too worried.  Actually I'm probably most excited about this run of all of them.  There are five dogs in the class, but since this is the first time we're required to do weaves, my guess is that at least one of the dogs will be slow with them.  I could be completely wrong, but there shouldn't be anything for me and Jonah to worry about and it will be a fun new challenge.

Overall, I think it should be a good (but long) day.

Tomorrow we're off to Dogs! Learning Center for our first lesson there.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment