Thursday, February 23, 2012

Riverside Trial Preview

This Sunday Jonah and I will head up to Riverside for three runs.  Here's what we have to look forward to:

Round 1:  Jackpot Level 4
    This will be a nontraditional Jackpot, which is generally easier, although we nailed the USDAA 'traditional' gamble this past weekend!  It looks like Jonah will actually only be the only dog in 20" level 4. Sounds like our odds are pretty good :).

Round 2:  Wildcard Level 4
    Last time we ran wildcard at Riverside it went really well.  The only concern is that, because Riverside is on the smaller side, off-course options are even closer together!  I'll just have to keep him connected and focused (although our standard run last weekend proves that this isn't always easy).  Again, I think Jonah will be the only dog in the class.  Of course, a Q is always more important than a blue ribbon.

Round 3:  Colors Level 3
    I would REALLY like to get this Q.  All we need for our Level 3 title is 2 colors Qs.  If we get this one, we could finish our CL3 at All Dogs in a few weeks.  It just seems silly to me that we're so far behind with colors.  If things go well in colors, it's easy, but there's just not a lot of room for error.  Last time I took my eye off him and he missed a jump.  This time I need to give him 100% focus.

The other factor this weekend is that Dave's parents will be in town and are coming to visit.  That wouldn't be any problem except that there really is not much spectator room at Riverside at all.  Combine that with the way Jonah acted with Dave around last weekend means I don't know exactly how things will go.  There's also tons of downtime at trials and not a lot to really do with the family between runs.  Maybe I'll look around and see what's in the area.  Anyway, I'm going to have to let Dave be in charge of all that--there's enough to do already at a trial without having to entertain guests, too.  On the other hand, I'm so proud of how Jonah is doing, and I love to show him off :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment