Thursday, February 9, 2012

Last Week's Lesson

I realized I never posted about our last lesson.  Whoops!

It's been a full week and I have to admit that I don't remember everything, but I'll highlight a couple things.

1.  The first two obstacles looked like this:

I was worried that, if I ran with him from the start like I usually do, I would be putting pressure towards the tunnel as I went around the weaves.  So, I led out.  I guess I took my eyes off him when I released him, because as I started running for the A-frame he took the jump, found his weave entry and was half way through the weaves.  Oops.  Not exactly how I'd envisioned it.  The second try went perfectly, and the third time I ran with him, and that worked fine as well.

2.  A second challenge looked like this:

We actually didn't have any trouble with this, but I was careful to talk to him while he was in the chute and I was completely stopped when he came out, so he collected, adjusted his line and went on with the course.  I did it both as a push (with him on my right) and a pull (with him on my left).

3.  This was where the real fun was:


Grace dared me to try to get a BC in either between 3 and 4 or after 4, as that set up well for the next section of the course.  I determined that the only way I would be able to do that was to stay 'above' the teeter, layering 2 and 3 with the teeter.  I was pretty sure he would drive out to the tire, but I was worried he would come in towards me and miss 3.  I figured it was worth a try, at least.  The result was:  Jonah was perfect!  He was super drivey and charged to the tire.  I gave a strong 'out jump' command, and he flew over 3 and 4.  Of course, I was so excited that he'd done it that I forgot to put in the BC!  That's alright, though.  I was very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment