Friday, April 8, 2011

Trial Preview-Gemini

Here's just a quick look at what we have ahead of us for tomorrow:

Round 1:  Fullhouse Level 3
     This should be a good class to open the day.  My plan is to have a nice, motivational flow where we pick up points on easier obstacles at first and then we move onto tougher things.  I'm hoping there's a teeter out there, but we'll definitely try to hit some contacts so they're not new equipment when we get to Standard.  There's one other dog in our height class.

Round 2:  Standard Level 2
     These courses aren't usually that difficult, but the new place and the outdoor environment might be tricky in themselves.  I'm just going to focus on not taking anything for granted and really supporting him through the contacts and turns.  Again, there's one other dog in the class.

Round 3:  Wildcard Level 2
     Again, this shouldn't be too difficult a course, but I need to be clear about which of the options I'm taking so he can really know what his job is.  This would be our last Wildcard Level 2 leg if we qualify.  There are two other dogs in this class.

Round 4:  Snooker Level 3
     Snooker's my least favorite game but I hope I can come up with a good plan.  I don't want to get greedy.  We're the only dog in our class, so I don't need to try to be competitive; I just am looking for our first Level 3 Snooker Q.

Tomorrow will be a big day for us and I have no idea what to expect.  Judging from our session today, he could be great.  There are lots of new things to be concerned about, though.  Joan told us on Wednesday that lots of dogs who are used to doing agility inside just can't focus at all outside the first few times and act as if they don't know what they're doing.  I'm going to hope that's not us!  Dave said he would video some runs, so hopefully you will get to see how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment