Thursday, November 11, 2010

Serious Downturn

Today I drafted an email to our instructor asking if it would make sense to take both the morning Intermediate class as well as the extension of our Advanced Beginner course.  Then I went to the Four Paws website to get her email address.

There was a new announcement: 
It is with sadness that we must announce the closing of Four Paws Academy at the end of this year. We will not be starting any new classes after the week of November 8th. We wish to thank our staff and students for the seven wonderful years we had, and wish you all happiness and success in the future with your dogs. 

So, I erased what I had written and wrote a plea for advice, instead.  There are a number of places within a reasonable distance that offer agility courses, but it seems like most of them are casual courses and the instructors are not actively competing.  There's Gemini, but I'm reluctant to take Jonah back there because I want agility to stay fun for Jonah.  There are two places that look pretty good that are about an hour away.  Then there is an agility club nearby that has regular practices and seminars, but it's not a class.  

I'm totally bummed.  I have loved our classes at Four Paws!  The facility is great, the instructors are great, the other dogs and people are great, and Jonah just has a blast when he's there.  Anyway, I don't know where we'll go from here.  We do have class this coming Tuesday, but what then?  Right when I thought we were about to take a big step forward...not so much.  I'm sure we'll figure something out.  I'm anxiously awaiting the reply from our instructor.  Till then, I'm just disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment