Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School (times 3)

Today Jonah goes to his first beginner agility class at Four Paws Academy.  He's already visited the location and he was fairly relaxed about it, but I know once we pack it full of other dogs it will be a completely different atmosphere.  If he's able to focus on us, I know he is quite over-prepared for beginner agility:  he's already doing jumps, tunnels and weave poles in sequences at home.  We know, though, that he can forget everything he knows when he gets nervous.  My fingers are totally crossed.  I have to spend all day today at orientation, so I won't be able to practice with him.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to get to class a few minutes early, but I will have to see what time convocation ends.  Then traffic could be problematic.  I'm excited for the possibilities of this class, yet I know that if it's anything like the other beginner agility class we started, we really won't be doing too much tonight or even for the next few weeks.  It's funny how, when we're actually at class, we can only do the most basic things, but then I'm running out of things to do at home (as in, I could design more challenging courses, but I don't know how I'm supposed to handle them).  I'm considering class to be working mostly only on the first issue:  the in-class fear problems.  Maybe I'll be able to ask the teacher about things to do at home.  There's also an advanced beginner agility class right after the beginner one, so maybe we'll get to stick around for a few minutes to watch.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment