Friday, January 21, 2011

Looking Forward to Next Weekend

I just moved Jonah up to level 2 for next weekend's Wildcard, Jackpot and Jumpers runs.  Exciting!

I did some scouting work again.  Before move-ups, here are the sizes for Jonah's classes.  I didn't look up Fullhouse for Sunday because I don't know if we'll be in level 1 (if we don't qualify on Saturday or they don't do at-trial move ups--the premium doesn't say) or level 2 (if we do qualify on Saturday and they allow move-ups).

Saturday:
Snooker-Jonah and two other dogs, one of which is the dog that was in all our classes last weekend.  I found out that this dog hasn't moved up to level 2 and is working on getting his 1000 point title at level 1.  I guess he's getting pretty close to that point because his handler was talking about potentially scratching him from some classes at Riverside because they don't give a ribbon for the 1000 point title.  Anyway, the dog has a lot more experience than a typical level 1 dog.  I'm a little concerned about snooker because there is basically no room for error.  It's also the one class that we have to Q in if we want to get our CL1 title next weekend (we have two shots at fullhouse and have to get one of them).

Wildcard-Our first level 2 run!  There are four other dogs in the class.  That means he could actually qualify and not place, but we'll just do our best and see how it goes. 

Fullhouse-Jonah will be one of three dogs in this class, one of whom is the 1000 point dog.  I have to say I'm not too worried about fullhouse.  I don't think we'll have too much trouble qualifying.  I'll just try to make a nice flowing course with a reasonable number of points and we'll go from there.

Sunday:
Jumpers-Our second level 2 run.  There's one other dog in the class.  Levels 1 and 2 run the same jumpers course, and I don't think it will be too bad.  There won't be any contact obstacles to distract him.

Jackpot-Our third level 2 run.  Again, Jonah is one of two dogs.  As with last time, I think Jackpot will really just depend on what the distance challenge is.  This might be the area he is least prepared in, so we'll see.  The level 2 challenges should still be pretty straight forward.

Fullhouse-I don't know which level we'll do or how many dogs there will be in the class, but again I think we'll be pretty good at fullhouse.  It will probably take me a handful of rounds to get to know the timing well.  I think that will be our biggest challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment